Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: The Nestling  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Darkling Nocturnal

• Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Darkling Nocturnal
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
The Nestling
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
Like every other episode in the third season, this is also a really good one. :)

It's nice, to see the Junior Owsla being smarter then their adult counterpart :D

We have the death of Skree's mother. Generally, Woundwort seems to enjoy fighting and killing Elil. I also could imagine, this is some kind of revenge for him, because his mother got killed by Elil.

And of course we have Skree joining Watership Down. An interesting twist and important for the whole continuation of the story (Skree saves Campion, later Blackberry, Spartina and Campion again). That wouldn't be possible with Kehaar.

So this episode is an really important part of the story.

Kneel down before the greatness of Darkling's dark ... ... ... Darkness!!!
(note to myself: I need a new scriptwriter) (Avatar by Silverweed's Claws)

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Re: The Nestling
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »
I have to say I find these episodes more engaging than some of the series two episodes. As I said before: there is definitely more of an 'edge' to the third series.

I can't get over that Hazel's children seem almost as old as Pipkin, and in some scenes, even the same size - how does that even work?!  :pipkin-oh

Skree was a little odd. I couldn't work out what was going on between him and his mother at first, thinking they were husband and wife or so - or strangers. Sad that Woundwort killed her. I wonder if Skree finds out a bit later that that happened. I also thought: if Skree is friend to 'all long-ears', then technically he could accidentally help out Woundwort, too? Quite amusing Hannah's comment about Skree not mentioning being a friend to mice, too.  :hannah3

Hopefully Kehaar is gone for a while; his voice is annoying and not overly keen on the re-design!
Here lies a signature that has little point.