Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: The Magic  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Poplar

• Hlessi
  • ex-Kołomaznikowa warren rabbit
    • Show only replies by Poplar
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Re: The Magic
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 06:29:48 PM »
I dunno if it's just me, but i somehow see a little bit of The Story of El-ahrairah and the Black Rabbit of Inlé from the book, in this episode. Maybe it's because the Black Rabbit also came to save a warren from war  :inle-series2

As for the episode, it's really a beautiful ending. When i was wacthing the series i only knew the movie, and when i saw this ending i stared like  :pipkin-oh :pipkin-oh
But now, the best ending, for me, is the one in the book. I think it's equally peaceful, but better worked out  :silverweed2

Offline Toteq

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Toteq
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The miniseries
  • I speak:
Re: The Magic
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 03:58:41 PM »
Overall I liked most of the episode however the ending with the magic was a bad idea. The whole preparation for the battle and the siege itself was meaningless since you could just use magic.

Would've liked to have seen more of the after-battle, a few days or weeks later to see how the characters are getting on, now that they can finally relax. We've come to know some of these characters over three series, we needed to see this. It just ended a little too abruptly.
Exactly that. I miss the extensive ending, it all ends too suddenly.