Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Founders of the new warren  (Read 18962 times)

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Founders of the new warren
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
Gray’s question caught Dash off guard, causing him to choke a bit on grass he was eating. He looked up at Inle-thlay with surprised expression on his face. Why would anybody resent Gray? Admittedly, the other rabbit’s coloring of fur and eyes was unusual and could make many nervous around him because of it, but Dash didn’t think it would make anybody hate Gray.

“Nobody resents you around here, as far as I know,” Dash answered after quickly swallowing his food. “Of course, apart from Runt I don’t know anybody here well enough to know for sure. Why do you ask? Is it because of what Runt said yesterday?”
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Hrair thlay

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Hrair thlay
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Gray couldn't help but smile at Dash reaction, he nodded shortly to his response, satisfied with it, though he felt he maybe should answer Dash's question.

"No, it's just that I've been in a few warrens before where rabbits hated me for some strange reason, not many thankfully, though I think one said something about elil with the same fur color as me." he responded calmly as he settled down again, for a lookout he seemed remarkably relaxed, he then tossed in jokingly, "To be honest I don't even remember what runt said yesterday, must've blown past me like a breeze.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »
Dash chuckled at Gray’s little joke. So far the other buck had seemed like a fine, nice rabbit.

“You are lucky to have such thick fur then. Usually, when Runt makes a rude remark, few rabbits can say it blew past them like a breeze,” he said. Then, realizing he should probably paint his friend in better light (although Dash wouldn’t have to do it, if Runt just thought from time to time before he decided to open his mouth), he added:

“Of course, it’s not like he does this all the time. He can be a good companion to have around, once you’ve got to know him better.”
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Indi-Rah
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 04, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »
Indi stepped back, looking on the shallow burrow she'd made. She glanced over her shoulder at the dark-coated doe behind her, who seemed irritated still by the rock in the run. "Oh, for Frith's sake, Hain," she growled. "Let it be - you won't get it out!"

The doe snorted, shaking herself, and then went back to the run. "Whatever. I'll get to it later, I suppose."

Hyzen continued her silflay, but couldn't help but listen in on the bucks' conversation. She quietly wondered what purpose it would serve anyone to dislike Gray, though she didn't really know the buck well herself, but he seemed nice enough.
"My chief rabbit told me to defend this run... And until he says otherwise, that's what I'll do."

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
[[With very little memory of the happenings of the Ring of Bushes, I'm very returned. :3 I suppose some of you may have gone your own way in the flickering off of this RP, but here's to trying to resurrect what I can ;D I missed you guys, I might add.]]

Silently, as though she were a cat descending upon her prey, Fireweed crept out of her hole and stretched in the sunlight, her fur sparkling like a flame from afar. The conversation from the two bucks had woken her, and drawn her from the burrow in hopes of silflay while all the hlessil still slept in their filthy little bunches.

Hearing the conversation take a natural pause, she let her facade get away from her before she could realize it and offered aside to them, "Perhaps they're surprised to even see you in the first place, my friend. Inheriting a fur like that... well, I'd imagine it must've been hard for your ancestors to find a doe willing to mate with them." Though thinking herself very clever, she immediately sense what effect this might have and decided to end that with a silly girlish shrug and a polite laugh, as though she were not even aware that what she had said was hurtful.

[[I'd be totally interested in seeing who's still around and wants to still post? :D]]

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »
Dash frowned at Fireweed’s words, his ears tilting back slightly. Usually, he wasn’t one to get into angry arguments with other rabbits, but what she had said to Gray made him break that habit. Maybe if she wasn’t pretending to be oblivious to how nasty her words had sounded, he would have stayed silent, but she was.  

“He might not be as pretty as you are, Fireweed, but at least he’s not hiding his true self behind friendly appearances,” he said coldly.  

[[Sorry for not writing a longer post.]]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:06:06 PM by Myrkin »