Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Springhaven RPG Chapter One  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Corporal Hicks

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Corporal Hicks
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Springhaven RPG Chapter One
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »
The first light of the morning sun crept up over the hills in the east.  It revealed a gorgeous day in Springhaven.  Tall green grass carpeted the valley, accompanied by sparse bushes the occasional tree.  There used to be a small river running through the valley but it had dried up a year or two before.  This left a trench running down the valley that was always full of lush plant-life.  

Springhaven was inhabited by a warren of rabbits.  Here, they lived in comparable peace and comfort.  They had dug a series of tunnels under the turf where they hid from predators and slept.  This morning promised to be as warm and wonderful as any other summer day in Springhaven.  Springhaven warren was established by Chief Boll-rah five years previous.  It was occupied by about fifty rabbits.  The Springhaven Owsla consisted of eight rabbits that answered to Chief Boll-rah, who was now very old and large.  Man-creatures sometimes came through the valley, but never threatened the warren.  Most days they seemed to gather off to the south and make loud noises, but the rabbits hardly paid them any mind.  

As the daylight appeared, the first rabbits began to peek out of their burrows and venture out to eat breakfast.  

"Come and try you cracked-brain slave driver!"

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Parsley slowly peeked out of a hole.  There were already a few rabbits at silflay.  She got out of the hole and made a few small steps away from it, before starting to nibble a small patch of clover.

OOC: That's about as much as I can do with only on character.  Hopefully more people will join.  I will look into the possibility of putting a picture of her.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:13:58 PM »
(can i join this rp? im longing to rp as my watership down character)

Elderberry sat on his haunches, feeling the grass tickle his feet and flanks as it waved in a gentle breeze. He was shy and solitary for a rabbit, giving to making up poems and just basically day-dreaming and staring out at the nearby hills. He was a dark furred, young buck with characteristically, black tipped ears and a gentle, kind disposition.
Right now he was looking up at the clouds, oblivious to all around him as yet again the thought pierced him. 'How do the clouds remain in the sky? Do they fly like Kehaar or what?' He murmured beneath his breath in confusion and interest.

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:07:36 PM »
OOC: Whether you can join this RP is for Corporal Hicks, its creator, to decide, but I don't see why he would refuse you :)

Unfortunately, all the other RPs you posted in are abandoned, so I'm afraid nobody will reply.

IC: Parsley looked around her, and saw Elderberry further away, seemingly out of touch with reality.  She slowly approached him and said: "Hey Elderberry!  Are you daydreaming again?"
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 05:14:02 PM »
Ok, Sorry I didn't reply sooner and thanks for telling me that the other rp's were all abandoned.

rp: Elderberry awoke from his trance as he heard his friend, Parsley, call his name. Ears twitching, the dark furred rabbit waited until his friend was nearer before replying in a preoccupied air 'I suppose so... I mean yes, I am or was daydreaming' He shook his head, shaking away the feelings of his earlier daydreams so he could answer with more sense.
He decided to mention to his friend something that had been bothering him for the past days: He felt a little shudder pass through his frame as the same sense of dread passed through him.
'Listen Parsley, I...um' He begun quietly. 'Iv'e started to have these feelings... they fill me with fear and horror... but I can't see what it is' His ears drooped and he stared into to beyond, his green eyes wide. 'There is something coming... maybe I'm just going tharn but I feel a sort of danger... closing in on us... closing in...'
He sat in the grass, twitching and blinking miserably. He turned suddenly to his friend 'Has anyone else felt anything fearful? Anything oppresive?'

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:06:20 PM »
Parsley listened to Elderberry talking about his feelings.

"I haven't felt anything unusual recently" she said once he had finished "but I understand what you mean.  Let me know if you have any more feelings like this."

With that, she started to nibble a nearby cowslip.

Offline Corporal Hicks

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 02:18:35 AM »

Greydew sat comfortably nibbling on a dandelion.  He listened to the other rabbits talking.  "It's a load of hraka.  There's no danger today."  He took another bite and sat chewing in the grass.  Greydew was a rather large old rabbit.  In his prime he was muscular, but now he was more fat then muscle.  He was very loyal to Chief Bollrah.  He probably could have been Captain of the warren, or even started his own warren if he had the drive to do so.  Now he was content to spend his waning years enjoying the sun and eating.  He was still in the Owsla, but he rarely got assignments anymore.  He had done enough for the warren in his time to keep his spot, but he did not have the strength of the younger Owsla.

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 03:13:35 AM »
Larch hopped out of the burrows a little late, that morning. He had been more tired than hungry after an extended evening silflay the prior night. It wasn't like he had duties beyond himself, so what did it matter when he fell asleep and woke up? So long as he had time to stir up the warren a bit. And what luck this morning; just a few steps from where he'd exited,  fat, old Greydew was standing in the grass, mumbling something about danger. Two other rabbits he might have recognized weren't far off, but he doubted they would be nearly as much fun.

"Oh, well, who knows?" Larch asked, stepping up behind the Owsla veteran with the hope of startling him. However, he never completely looked at Greydew. "One minute everything's calm and the next-" He struck the ground with his claws out. "-a hawk swoops down picks up the juiciest morsel around." Larch paused before adding a faux-concerned tone to his voice. "Better keep an eye out, eh, old timer?"

He gave a chuckle and made to walk away, slowly and deliberately, waiting for some kind of response.

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:01 AM »
Elderberry looked at his friend Parsley and nodded.
"I wish someone else felt danger like me. That way I'l know that I'm not going tharn as the mist and snow" he replied miserably.
Suddenly he trembled in fright, staring ahead of him at something only he could seem to see. "But it's getting closer to us... I don't know what it could be... But I know that something bad is near, either that or I'm going mad"
As an afterthought to the last thing his friend said, Elderberry replied "and you will be the first to know if I get any more feelings but... I'm feeling scared... all the time..."

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 09:48:21 PM »
As Elderberry finished, Parsley thought about what he had said.  "There's old Greydew over there.  Maybe you should tell him about it." she suggested.

She slowly approached the owsla officer, but shortly afterwards returned to Elderberry.  "Maybe not now.  There's that troublemaker Larch again.  I would rather avoid him if I can."

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 08:08:50 AM »
"Maybe..." He looked at Greydew then back at Parsley dubiously. When his friend mentioned Larch, he looked confused for a moment before recognising the name.
"Oh yes... I remember Larch now... don't really want to cross him now though" He admitted, rather absentmindedly.
He fiddled with his paws as he often did when uncertain and nervous. "Frith!" He exclaimed at last. "I'm just afraid... what if Greydew gets snappy? What if he says that I'm tharn" He looked down at the ground sadly. "Not all rabbits have time to listen to some one else's feelings you know"
He looked very worried. "What if a danger does turn up? How in Friths name would we cope with it?"

Offline Corporal Hicks

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 05:07:21 AM »

Greydew startled at Larch's movement then looked annoyed.  "Embleer fool, probably never even seen a hawk.  Wouldn't know a hawk from his own hraka."  Greydew returned to his eating, pretending to be unaffected by the nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:09:08 AM by Corporal Hicks »

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 05:25:13 AM »
Larch had his chuckle at Greydew's small, but noticeable reaction. Maybe he'd have to push more later. His ears, however, directed him towards a thin little thing going on about danger to some doe he'd seen around the warren. Elderberry was his name, if Larch's memory served. A jumpy fellow. That was just fine.

"What if a danger turns up?" he echoed, sauntering over to them while keeping a casual distance. He didn't really know what Elderberry was talking about, nor did he particularly care. His interest was ruffling ears, whether he meant it or not. "Well, I'd let the danger eat you first. Give the rest of us a head start."

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
Elderberry pricked his ears, missing Larch's statement and only hearing a few words that made no sense without the rest.
Slowly he plucked a burnet leaf from the grass and nibbled at it, concealing his fear and uncertainty the best he could.
"I don't think anyone will really care... About what I feel" He admitted to Parsley. "They will probably think I'm mad and hear no more about it"
Suddenly he looked apprehensive. "... I hope Larch didn't hear too much, I don't want that fellow spreading the feeling of danger around the warren... not when all the rabbits won't stand for it anyway" He added in an undertone.

Offline Elderberry

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »
Then, he heard quite clearly what Larch was saying as the trouble maker came nearer.
"I don't think the danger would want to eat me... I'm not as plump as some rabbits" he replied humourlessly.
Then he thought musingly "What if the danger is something else? Something that does not eat us?... I just hope I'm wrong, there shouldn't be any danger... not know" He paused then added quietly. "But I can feel it"