Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Fictional Character Crush?  (Read 680 times)

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Bright Side
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Fictional Character Crush?
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:45:59 AM »
Post your fictional character crushes of past and present here. Characters from people you know or even from yourself (insert embarrassed cough) also count.

~~

I usually don't have crushes on other people's characters (no matter what the case); I'm just not one to immerse myself in fictional works that deeply. However, with my own novel, it's hard not to get involved in what's happening. So, I've liked my own characters. That may be a problem.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:55:34 AM by Bright Side »
Thank you to Chipster-roo for the avatar!

Offline Strifer

• Jackrabbit
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Strifer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:52:49 AM »
Well.. I'll post one for now. I have a huge crush on my friend Cotton's character Vanilla, pictured below. (I wish there was a way to make it smaller)

I even drew some gift art of her, which can be found on my deviantart page. (I have a link to my dA on my profile here, btw :) )
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:12:31 AM by Strifer »
“I am hopelessly and forever a mountaineer,” “Civilization and fever and all the morbidness that has been hooted at me has not dimmed my glacial eye, and I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature’s loveliness.”  -John Muir

Art & Nature - all at Strifer's Art and Strifer's Photographs

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »
Double D from Ed Edd n' Eddy

Kuroko Tetsuya from Kurobas

Probably some more but :lol
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
Quote from: Bright Side on Jul 28 2016, 10:45:59 PM
That may be a problem.
I don't think it is.  If you know and like your own characters, you can write about them better.

Quote from: Strifer on Jul 28 2016, 10:52:49 PM
(I wish there was a way to make it smaller)
I think the only way to do this is to actually shrink the image before uploading it online.  Alternatively, you can put it in spoiler tags.

---

Anyway, I had crushes on Fiver, Hyzenthlay and Blackberry-doe at some point.  I seem to have gotten over them...mostly...
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
Hmm, maybe. Thanks, Chipster! I just felt it was weird (writers like other people's characters, but their own? That seems rare) and I read online that it's "just wrong". But I will disregard their opinions and go with my own. It probably makes sense because I gave my characters the traits that I like, which I would want in a romantic partner.

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 07:28:44 PM »
I have a lot of love for some of my own characters, so it's fine! Like you said, you gave them traits you like. It's hard not to shape your characters around things you admire. :D
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 03:15:27 AM »
Thanks, Hazel!

*Puts which characters I liked. Edits out*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:59:26 AM by Bright Side »

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
Quote from: Bright Side on Jul 28 2016, 10:45:59 PM
However, with my own novel, it's hard not to get involved in what's happening. So, I've liked my own characters. That may be a problem.
I think that when one understands a character and their motivations as fully as only their creator does, then it can be very difficult not to like them to at least some degree. :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:43:08 PM by Myrkin »
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 01:38:55 AM »
Thank you, Myrkin :)

Offline Leo-rah

• Efrafan
  • Dandelion
  • The other buck's grass is always greener!
    • Show only replies by Leo-rah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watershipdowntv
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 10:40:13 PM »
Oooh, I must admit, I really had/have two fictional character crushes so far, to be honest. x.x
*blushes a bit*

#1 Kurai
Kurai was a character invented by one of my best friends I've met through our love to Watership Down. Her Kurai was an Owslafa, and one of the most cruel and sadistic rabbits I've ever got in front of my eyes, while we were playing RPGs. He was one of Woundworth's favorites, a torturer and special fighter.
I can't tell why I had a crush on this crazy freak, all these years ago, to be honest. xD I mean, I just looked at him, and he got me, haha.
Tho, I knew the fact, he only got marli, also, when he got one marli, they never have been seen again, after he met with them, for one night. Spooky guy, eh?

Appearance:

But somehow sexy at the same time, I can't help myself.
Nevertheless, he more was a crush of mine while I was younger, around 10 years back, heh. x3

#2 Hawk

Hawk is still my current crush, and also oddly my own creation. I invented him maybe 6 years ago, for my fanfiction. He's an officer of Efrafa's right fore paw mark, and just about to raise up to the Owslafa, as he's always been obedient and a very good Owsla so far. He was intended for the interrogation with Leo, to find out his origin warren.

What happens between these two, might be revealed later, tho. :D
(Yeah, there might be some inspiration from Kurai, earlier, but as I've learned from writing stories, there is always an influence in what we write from the people, books, stories, whatever's happening around us. So also there are a lot of differences.)

Appearance:

Bright Side, I only can agree with your opinion, not the one of the others you might have read. I also have a big amount of feelings when it comes to fictional characters I just created out of my own mind. As you said, we might put some characteristic attributes to them, we might love in some kind of a 'perfect' partner? (this sounds strange, but I don't know better, how to describe)
That's why I just can agree with you, here. I think there is nothing weird about the fact, as for me I can say, while writing my story, I so get involved in the stuff that happens, not just with my Fursona, also with other characters I got into my heart after some time, it's absolutely normal.
Quote from: Leo-rah
I love that buck.
I love him more than weasels love blood and meat.

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 12:03:25 AM »
:dandelion  :fiver I love the Rabbits of Watership Down As if they were my own awesome Family. :silverweed3  :tassel Including my friends for I feel happy knowing that all of you are at my side as I am by yours. :buttercup2  :silverweed2  :silverweed  :frith
Also, it is ok to have different views on this topic Bright Side, completely understandable.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:35:20 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 01:13:03 AM »
Thank you, Leo-rah :)