Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: What did WSD give you?  (Read 580 times)

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Bright Side
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »
How has WSD benefited you?

For me, it's been one of the big inspirations for my own novel (the other being Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. And that means a lot.
Thank you to Chipster-roo for the avatar!

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:23:29 AM »
This is a good thread.  Thanks for creating it, Brighty.

It could be said that Watership Down made me interested in reading again.

And of course, WD made me discover this forum and all the nice people who visit it (including you, Brighty :) ).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:28:51 AM by Chipster-roo »
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:24 AM »
Thank you, Chipster! I'm glad you came.

Offline CockatielPony

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 03:10:47 AM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Aug 12 2016, 09:23:29 PM

I use to not like reading books that much, but when I first read watership down it inspired me want to read more now I read everyday.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline BigwigIsLoveBigwigIsLife

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by BigwigIsLoveBigwigIsLife
    • View Profile
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 06:25:47 AM »
Same here, before Watership Down I wasn't really into books.

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Aug 12 2016, 09:23:29 PM

And of course, WD made me discover this forum and all the nice people who visit it (including you, Brighty :) ).
Exactly my answer. That and the way it makes me feel is indescribable. I get so wrapped up in it!
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
You're asking me to go back 12 years and try to remember an answer.  Uhm...at the time I think someone recommended it as another furry novel and I said I would take a look at it, not knowing much other than it was a story about rabbits.  I loved the book, and then went on to watch the movie, read the sequel, and eventually watch the tv series.  I don't remember it "giving" me anything at the time.  I joined a different WSD forum and when that one died out, I created this one; I guess if there was no WSD there would be no Fiver's Honeycomb either, so it gave us this place in hindsight. :)

Offline Claws

• Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 01:35:11 AM »
It gave me tons upon tons of great moments.

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
I'm glad to hear of such nice stories.

Hawkbit is right...without Watership Down, this forum wouldn't exist. Richard Adams probably didn't see this outcome when he sent his book off for publishing, but his actions - and those of the people on this site - have led to our great community.

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 02:11:23 AM »
That is a very good question Bright Side. Hmm, that is Indeed. Right Fiver :fiver . Well to answer your question, Watership Down was one of the greatest and most beneficial things to have ever happen to me this year of 2016. As Some of you Know already, I have only discovered Watership Down only earlier this and did not think much of it, for I thought it was a disturbing film, but after watching the trailer, I was curious on what type of movie this was, so on the day of April 30, Saturday,2016, In the Morning, I watched for the First time Watership Down, and that was the best decision I had ever made. The Movie was fantastic and what really helped become hook was Original Soundtrack For it was nothing I have ever heard, as I relisten to it from time to time. I then, started to research Watership Down and Soon discovered the book, its Sequel, and the Tv show, and read seen every adaptation and the originals of Watership Down.
Watership Down has me especially become involve with a fandom, and has given me the courage to write my first fanfic and my new stories based on Watership Down, it has also introduced to many wonderful people who I know call my second family for they have given me love, support, advice, and assistance in my goal of making a strong impact towards the Fandom of Watership Down and I like to thank you all for you had made it worth my while.
And I am planning to stick around for a long, long while so I expect you all to get used to me ^^, thanks again and also like to thank Personally Chipster-roo, Bright Side, Fox Teen, and others for sticking by my side for it has been an amazing journey. I also Like to thank arnoldretsch1998 for drawing and design my original character here http://pre06.deviantart.net/709c/th/pre/i/2016/228/e/3/20160815_183636_2_by_arnoldretsch1998-dae4q9d.jpg
This is truly a dream come true. Thanks, Richard Adams. :fiver
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Bright Side

• Brighty
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 02:13:45 AM »
Thank you for the mention :)

I'm really glad to hear that, Vesper! Makes me warm inside :D That picture of your character is fantastic, by the way.

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
What did WSD give you?
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 02:22:19 AM »
:silverweed3 You're welcome, also thank Chipster-Roo for suggesting Retsch to me, Chipster-roo is a good Friend of mine. And Also arnoldretsch1998 for drawing it, that guy is awesome with his artwork.  :dandelion
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams