Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Event Suggestions  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Rosie Willowwater

• Silver
  • Lurking
    • Show only replies by Rosie Willowwater
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Event Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »
That sounds very cool :)
We are warriors. Though we might not have weapons of strength, we have our minds; The most powerful weapons of all

I'm rarely ever on, but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me! *hug*

Offline ringdistel

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by ringdistel
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Event Suggestions
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 04:54:51 PM »
Exactly
But we can ad a voting, if it need...

Why mirrors so ugly?

Offline MeadowRabbit

• Raw carrot? Yes, please!
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by MeadowRabbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
  • I speak:
Event Suggestions
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
That sounds like a nice event idea. :) Obviously providing it's one people sign up to take part in, as we don't want people not being picked and then feeling left out!
Here lies a signature that has little point.

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
  • Captain Orchis' Loyal Spy
    • Show only replies by Chibiscuit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Re: Event Suggestions
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »
Okay, not sure if this will count as an event, let alone if it could be done but I got this idea from the WCRP forum and even though it quickly died over there, I kinda liked the initiative.

To encourage a bit of discussion, do you think that perhaps it would be possible for all of us to start (re)reading the novel at the same time? As in, we pick a date to start with the novel and then all read, say, 5 chapters that week. Those chapter would then be the central discussion point for that week. (time frame can change of course, this is simply an example). Could this, or something similar, work, you think?

Technically, we could do the same for the series. Watch an episode and discuss it for a week or so.
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 01:51:28 AM »
This is an interesting idea Chibiscuit :) I don't know how many people would be able to participate, but I probably will :)
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 04:10:17 AM »
I'd join that sounds really fun!

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 07:44:21 PM »
Glad you two like the idea^^ Maybe, if it is okay for the event to go ahead (does it need to be discussed among the Council first?), a thread for it could be made a week or two before the actual start of the event so that hopefully more people will see it and decide to join?
We could spread the word about it through different channels too (like the FHC twitter, DeviantArt, Tumblr, etc) I'd be down to make like a poster for it too if that could draw more attention?
Or is that perhaps a bit too much...? ^^;;
"You can come here, the land of warm days, grassy fields, and pleasant evenings, where even the shadow of war cannot darken the love at home." -Alderab

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:14 PM »
This doesn't appear to require approval from the council; you can create the thread whenever you wish :)

Mentioning this on the FHC Twitter would be all right; I'll send out the first tweet when the thread has been created, and probably a few more throughout the event.  As for posting it on other social media, that would be up to the participating members.

You can create a poster if you want; the drawings you posted here and on dA are great :)
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
I don't mind spreading the word on my Tumblr if that would be helpful at all :)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 11:11:12 AM »
Alrighty then! I'll create the thread either later today or tomorrow then and see what might be a good schedule and starting date. I'm going on holiday next week (starting July 2) and won't have any internet during that period but I'll take my sketchbook with me and see if I can work out an idea for a poster (I have a few options in mind already)

Of course, suggestions for any part of this are much appreciated! And thank you for wanting to spread the news! I think it'll be helpful^^ I'll post the poster on my DA and into the two WSD groups there, so hopefully that'll attract attention. And maybe on Tumblr as well... or I could ask some WSD blogs if they mind spreading the word as well maybe? If they want to, of course.

I would love for more people to join in (the more, the merrier, and the more chance for discussion!) but even if it's just the three of us, it would be fun^^

(I've never actually organized any event of any shape or form ever before, so as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm kinda nervous ^^;;)

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
Back in 2017 we had a Winter Avatar Switch, I was wondering if perhaps we could do something similar this year but with spring?

Offline Alderab

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Alderab
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »
Like we all get new avatars for the new season?  Or we switch with other user's avatars?
You like writing?  I like writing!  Let's Write!

http://fhc.soopergrape.com/index.php?topic=2357.0

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
Option numero uno. I remember I had Vervie with a snow bun for the winter switch.

So, then this time we'd get new avatars reminoscent of spring. Ro be freely interpretated of course.

Offline Norma

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Norma
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The movie
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 07:02:16 AM »
Sure, I could change my avatar. But I can't think of anything more spring than rabbits and easter. Where could I find a Watership Down avatar that looks like spring? The rabbits in a field of vegetables?

Offline Chibiscuit

• Vervain
  • Blackberry
    • View Profile
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »
It can be anything really! If it were to happen, that is.

Here is the Winter Avatar Switch thread.

And here is the Summer one from 2016, where the theme was 'something that means a lot to you'

So, I suppose, another theme could apply too. It's all just to have a little fun and mix it up a bit!