Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: HMS Terror found!  (Read 363 times)

Offline Claws

• Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
  • Wisteria Owl
    • Show only replies by Claws
    • View Profile
    • IceDragonNET
  • Favorite WD media: The series
  • I speak:
HMS Terror found!
« on: September 16, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »
Unbelievable as it sounds, the ship from Franklin's Lost Expedition -which was lost with all hands more than 170 years ago- was recently found in Terror's Bay (a location which was named after the ill-fated ship long before the discovery of the wreckage).

This, combined with the fact that the other ship that took part of the ill-fated voyage had already been found in 2014, puts an end to one of the biggest maritime mysteries.

Here's a very interesting article about the whole thing: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/13/travel/hms-terror-franklin-expedition-ship-found-trnd/

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:42:59 PM by Silverweed's Claws »

Offline Hazel

• A wave in the ocean
  • Junior Owsla
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Hazel
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
HMS Terror found!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
That's incredible. What an amazing discovery!
"People’s souls are like gardens. You can’t turn your back on someone because his garden’s full of weeds. You have to give him water and lots of sunshine."

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
HMS Terror found!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:01:19 PM »
I'm glad that they finally discover the wreckage. Maybe some of the unanswered questions of that doomed expedition may be answered.;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:13:14 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams