Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Space pictures!  (Read 595 times)

Offline Strifer

• Jackrabbit
  • Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Strifer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« on: October 01, 2016, 03:26:26 AM »
I noticed that there wasn't a topic about something like this yet, so I will start with what's possibly the coolest thing I've seen from NASA in a while.  :D

NASA got fed up with all the "Moon landing was faked" conspiracy theories, so they released over 10,000 pictures from the Apollo Space Program. All of them are awesome.

Well, here's the pictures!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:27:04 AM by Strifer »
“I am hopelessly and forever a mountaineer,” “Civilization and fever and all the morbidness that has been hooted at me has not dimmed my glacial eye, and I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature’s loveliness.”  -John Muir

Art & Nature - all at Strifer's Art and Strifer's Photographs

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
:frith THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS FORUM. :frith  
I love all these 10,000 from the Apollo Mission, take that Conspiracy Theorist :hannah4

Don't mind R2d2, he just fixing it.
Have guy seen all the photos the Hubble Space telescope have taken, well here their Gallery below.

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/

Taken under the wing of the small Magnetic Cloud.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:17:20 PM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Chipster-roo

• Growing Tree
  • Council of Chiefs
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Chipster-roo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6400714/Chipster-roo
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »
This is a really interesting thread, Strifer.  Thanks for creating it.
Have you considered making each day count - doing something meaningful each day - instead of letting the days and weeks and months and years fly into oblivion? --Bright Side

Thanks to Rosie Willowwater for the avatar!!

Offline Strifer

• Jackrabbit
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »
Quote from: Chipster-roo on Oct 1 2016, 01:41:43 PM
This is a really interesting thread, Strifer.  Thanks for creating it.
No problem. Space exploration amazes me. Like how my country somehow managed to land people on the moon. I mean, the moon is thousands of miles away from us, and it moves constantly as well. Calculating everything alone for Apollo 11 must've been a nightmare.
“I am hopelessly and forever a mountaineer,” “Civilization and fever and all the morbidness that has been hooted at me has not dimmed my glacial eye, and I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature’s loveliness.”  -John Muir

Offline Vesper

• dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist "Sentio Ergo Sum"
  • Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Vesper
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
Quote from: Quote:on 
Calculating everything alone for Apollo 11 must've been a nightmare.
It must have, but I'm sure the Engineers enjoyed what they did.

:blackberry The Last Image from the Rosetta Space Craft before it crashed in 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko Comet.  :blackberry3

I also love space and Astronomy too Strifer and have Celestron Nexstar Telescope, but its computer tripod broke yet I still have the telescope.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:39:42 AM by Vesper »
[big][big][small]"Yet, even amidst the Hatred and Carnage, Life is still worth living. It is possible for Wonderful Encounters and Beautiful things to exist."[/small][/big][/big]- Hayou Miyazaki

[big]"I will have Poetry in my life. And Adventure. And Love. Love above all."[/big]
- Shakespeare In Love[/i][/i]

[big]dplutonium13 Fanfic Writer/Artist [/big] "I am Drunk when I Write, I become Sober when I Edit"

[big]"A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you."[/big] -Unknown

"[big]Hope will never be Silent."[/big] -Harvey Milk

[big]"The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal."[/big][/i]- Richard Adams

Offline Strifer

• Jackrabbit
  • Dandelion
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • I speak:
Space pictures!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
Cool! I had a telescope too a few years ago, but I never used it. It wasn't that powerful to begin with.