Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: A show i can't remember the name of  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Keith
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
A show i can't remember the name of
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:19:14 PM »
Ok, I remember this show that had a bunch of animals living like 16 century people or something like that, and there was this fox that takes away their children to be slaves and then the fathers go after them. I remember watching this show (escpecially the fox) but I can't remember the name. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?
"Mercy is for Fools, the dead shall lie where I powned them!!"

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Clover
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
That's Mattimeo: A Tale of Redwall.

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »
Thanks. That show creeped me out.

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
Yeah, I will admit that Redwall was kind of strange to me at first, but once I watched the first few episodes (three or so), I got used to it and finished the whole series in less than a week.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
Better to read the books! ;)  There's about 20 of them.  The tv series is nice but the books are what started the Redwall universe.  We have some caption photos about Redwall in Strawberry's Caption Corner.

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
Quote from: Hawkbit on Sep 3 2011, 07:17:25 PM
Better to read the books! ;)  There's about 20 of them.  The tv series is nice but the books are what started the Redwall universe.  We have some caption photos about Redwall in Strawberry's Caption Corner.
Really? There were 20 books? Sounds tempting.

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »
There's actually 22 books altogether. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redwall Though #22 will be the last, Brian Jacgues passed way before he could have written a 23rd book. Only Redwall, Mattimeo and Martin The Warrior are ones you will be familiar with (as those are the only ones that were adapted into the tv series), although I did find out from a post on deviantart that a company associated with the producers of the tv series is close to getting rights to Mossflower (a continuation of Martin the Warrior) and are planning on adapting it as a movie, and group there (all fans) are planning on getting rights to The Taggerung. http://redwall-animation.deviantart.com/blog/43274663/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:55:02 PM by Clover »

Offline Folgrimeo

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Folgrimeo
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
I don't have high hopes that a Mossflower cartoon or film will happen just because there's been several rumors and hoaxes about a(nother) Redwall film before, so it's crying wolf at this point (if you're wondering what the existing Redwall film is, it's an abridged version of Season 1 of the TV show). Seems like what the Redwall-Animation group is doing now is trying an original project, show they have what it takes so maybe they'd have leverage if they ever do go for a Redwall adaptation later. I wholeheartedly support the idea of going for "Taggerung", it was adventurous and dramatic and had one of my favorite character pairs.

One thing that helps for readers of Redwall is that most of the books are standalone, so you could read them in a random order without getting lost. But there are a few exceptions, so the general advice is to follow published order. ...which got thrown out of the window for those who saw Season 3, as "Martin the Warrior" was later in published order than "Mossflower". There's not much consequence other than having one scene in MtW possibly spoiled. I'm not sure why they jumped to "Martin", but I'm glad they did. Maybe it's a better story to adapt, or its famous ending was just too good to pass up (considering it was the last of the seasons, that's quite the emotional episode to end on. So worth it).

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »
That DA group has been working on that Mossflower adaptation for a while now.  I don't know if it would ever get anywhere without some serious financial backing.  Its hard to keep volunteers motivated. ;)  Word of a new creator for Mossflower is peculiar.  Wonder who wanted the rights for it?  If it was Nelvana I think there would've been no secrecy and the cat would've been out of the bag already because they've already done other adaptations.

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
They didn't have to give up Mossflower because of not getting money, it was because another studio had asked for the rights before they did. Only way that they'll be able to continue with Mossflower is if the other group doesn't get the rights. At least we'll still have a chance of seeing more Martin the Warrior if the other studio can get the rights.

Although I doubt this is a rumor about Mossflower because of the email that the group recieved from the person who owns the rights to the Mossflower book.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:54:32 PM by Clover »

Offline Folgrimeo

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Folgrimeo
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 05:26:40 AM »
One thing that was impressive was that back in May they were able to get Don Bluth to critique the character design for Tsarmina (probably the best choice, as villains are the more interesting of the two sides). I would think that Bluth saying a character design's good would be worthy of consideration. Also fun to see him draw his own version of Tsarmina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUycDAOzmyM

So if nothing else, they've definitely accomplished a lot and can show they were serious about doing it well. But... yeah... it's hard to get assurance of a project getting completed in a timely manner when it's volunteers. There's "Wolf -- The Animated Feature" ( www.wolfmovie.com ), which has been in the works for at least 6 or 7 years. I have no clue how far they are into the movie but it looks like they don't have much. So the amount of time it can take is... astronomical.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:28:10 AM by Folgrimeo »