Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Theatrical Movie Reviews  (Read 366 times)

Offline CockatielPony

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by CockatielPony
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
  • FHC contest winner:
  • I speak:
Theatrical Movie Reviews
« on: April 08, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »
This is where if you tell about your thoughts on the last movie you've seen in the theaters. Tell us about the plot, your rating, fun facts, and if it is worth seeing in the theaters, wait till the dvd, or don't even bother.

I just saw Isle of Dogs just yesterday. It was an amazing movie about dogs being sent to Trash Island due to a disease that they have been spreading throughout the country of Japan. A group of dogs help a young boy who went to the island to find his lost dog. It's a lot different from your regular talking animal movies, but very beautifully animated. I'd give it a 9/10, and would definitely recommend to go see it in the theaters.
My Youtube account is CockatielPony. Go check it out i post stuff

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Theatrical Movie Reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »
Uuuh, last movie I saw in theaters? It might be telling that I can't completely remember.

Well, I guess it was Black Panther. It was alright. I'm pretty big on the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole, seen most of it, and Black Panther is pretty average as far as solo hero films go. It didn't really have a second act, it was more like the first and third act just kinda bled into each other. T'Challa's pretty cool, but the movie definitely doesn't deserve to have made more money than The Avengers as far as I'm concerned. You want a good superhero flick, get The Avengers on Blu-ray, not Black Panther.

Oh yeah, I also saw the re-release of The Dark Crystal in theaters pretty recently. Dunno if that counts, but you should definitely watch The Dark Crystal over Black Panther if given the choice. It's real good, really different and original, fantastical, incredible technical achievement with all the puppets, possibly my favorite film ever. It also just got a 4k Blu-ray release, which you should definitely buy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:01:40 PM by Hammy »

Offline florapaw

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by florapaw
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Theatrical Movie Reviews
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:13:49 AM »
Alright. So it's not a current thing, but I did see it in theatres. My town loves doing throwback movie months for some reason.

Anyway. Girl, Interrupted is a bit of a doozy honestly. On one hand it is almost a good film about mental illnesses and life inside a psychiatric hospital, but on the other hand it is completely disrespectful to the source material, the actual Susanna Kaysen, and comes off as high melodramatic. Winona Ryder is the love of my life and she could do no wrong in my books (well, expect for stealing) but honey, you really should've though this out before making a movie from it. As a standalone film, I'd highly suggest it, even if it does start off extremely slowly.

The film is based off a memoir by Susanna Kaysen about her 2 year stay in McLean hospital and her struggle with coming to terms with her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. It is a very good read, and I'd recommend the memoir as well. Here is an online version that's probably been ripped from somewhere. It's still good though!

So uh. Yeah. This is Flora, trying to contribute but having nothing to talk about.