Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Hey, I'm new!  (Read 777 times)

Offline Fiver

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Fiver
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Hey, I'm new!
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:04:50 AM »
Hey everyone!

My name is Fiver, but you can call me Fiver. He was my favourite character from Watership Down, so I chose him as my username. I found out about this site from a post in the introduction topic on the official Redwall forums (I go by DanielofRedwall there). I first read the book earlier this year. Other books I enjoy:

The "Redwall" series by Brian Jacques.
"The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang" by Jack London.
The "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" series by Kathryn Lasky.
LOTR.

I currently live in Australia. I have for my whole life, actually! I also enjoy sport (Australian football, cricket, golf), surfing the Internet, music (mostly indie) and doing nothing for hours on end! Hope to get to know you better!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:43:27 AM by Fiver »
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."- Brian O'Driscoll.
I might not always post, but trust me- I'm often online.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hey, I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
Hello, Fiver. Welcome to the forum. We are always happy to have new people join us here. :)

Quote from: Quote:on 

There are other people who like those books here. Including me, even though I read only two whole books and parts of others, so I'm not sure if I can count myself as real Redwall-fan at this moment. ;)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hey, I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
Hey Fiver, I think you found your honeycomb at last. :p

I found out about this site from a post in the introduction topic on the official Redwall forums (I go by DanielofRedwall there).

Peculiar because that link is like on page 3 of 16 so I didn't expect anyone there to still find it.  I go by Lutra over there.  This is my latest forum project; I've administered others in the past.

"The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang" by Jack London.
The "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" series by Kathryn Lasky.

All awesome choices for animal lovers. :)  In general, I'd say if you like Watership Down, you probably can "get into" any of these above and enjoy them too.  Ga'Hoole has some curious owl language you'll have to get used to...kind of like the lapine of the rabbits.

Glad to see you here.  Stick around and post often. :)

Offline Fiver

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Fiver
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
Hey Lutra!

I found your old post as I was looking through the introduction topic's old post, trying to find mine to edit it. I found your post that way.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."- Brian O'Driscoll.
I might not always post, but trust me- I'm often online.