Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: German PC Game  (Read 264 times)

Offline LilFour Studios

• Marbles and Lil'Blue
  • Pipkin
    • Show only replies by LilFour Studios
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The series
German PC Game
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »
*Please delete if this topic has already been covered*

I wrote an article on the German PC game, submitted to another site - my interest ways drawn after seeing that it featured Sandleford, which was never shown in the TV Series. Enjoy  :mallow

https://www.animationsource.org/watership/en/articles/TV-Series-German-PC-Game/268726.html&id_film=89
Read stories of Bryony and Thorn - Woundwort's Blood -

Offline Hammy

• Hawkbit
    • Show only replies by Hammy
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Re: German PC Game
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 04:05:39 AM »
Really need to give this game a shot sometime. Wouldn't be the first German/other languages I don't understand PC game I've poked around with. It still strikes me as so weird that it was never released in English, being, you know, a story that is deeply English at its heart.

I'm wondering, has anyone made an effort to archive the game in video form with English subtitles? It's probably nothing groundbreaking as far as story, but I still would like to see something like that.

Also, if anyone is curious to try to get the game running for themselves, it's readily available over on Macintosh Garden. Just go to the site and search Watership Down, should come right up. Haven't tested it on Sheepshaver myself, but apparently it does run on that emulator.

Offline Acacia Heartstrings

• Fiver
    • Show only replies by Acacia Heartstrings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:30:36 PM »
I've ever wanted to play this game, but I think it's only in German. Even so, it always catches my attention to give it the opportunity. Although not my favorite game genre. That is: Point and click.   :blackberry3
I love Watership Down!

Everything is fine =) (?)

Offline Owsalfa

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Owsalfa
    • View Profile
    • http://owsalfa.tumblr.com
  • Favorite WD media: The series
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »
I do have a script for about the first 10 minutes of the game I posted a long time ago. I'll look for it.

https://owsalfa.tumblr.com/post/52801522134/please-do-not-repost-or-steal-unten-am-fluss Wow, 6 years ago. I think the script is on my other hard drive, which right now is inaccessible since the power cable is busted
owsalfa.tumblr