Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 685 times)

Offline Dandelion

• Storyteller
  • Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Dandelion
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Hello.
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
Ugh, I know putting 'hello' as a topic title here is identical to most other topics on this board. Anyway, call me Dandelion, though lord works just fine. :) I just finished the book not long ago, and watched part of the TV series on youtube before that. I wish I had done it the other way around, the book is much better. So...hello and all that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:45:02 PM by Dandelion »
'If we ever meet again, Hazel-rah, we'll have the makings of the best story ever.' ~Dandelion

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »
Oh look. DANDELION has finally seen himself fit to join us. Well it took you long enough. There's nearly nothing left but twigs and potato peelings up on the surface- but that oughtn't bug you, chap. I hope your stories don't disappoint me. And I hope your face doesn't come to violently annoy me. Because if it does that'll be an issue.

:P In other words, hey you, welcome to the forums. We're a small bunch but we all love each other to death if you don't count disagreements in terms of my little pony. But that's all water under the bridge. If you have words to say you should post them. If you're a cool kid you should join the Role Play ;P Yeah man. Enjoy your forum experience.

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:30:42 PM »
Hello, Dandelion. New members are most welcome here. :)

If you haven't already watched it, then I recommend you to see the movie "Watership Down". It's a very good film and its plot is more similar to the book than tv-series is.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Dandelion

• Storyteller
  • Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Dandelion
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.
'If we ever meet again, Hazel-rah, we'll have the makings of the best story ever.' ~Dandelion

Offline Keith

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Keith
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »
Ahh, a new recruit eh? Welcome to the Honeycomb dude! And don't worry, I'm not good at introductions either.

As for Watership Down, I've seen the movie first. Then I read the book. One of the best decisions I've ever made. That book probably saved me from doing bad on my English Lit exam. There are probably tonnes of better books out there, but I don't care. watership Down is the best book I've ever read. As for the TV series, I'd argue its better than the movie.
"Mercy is for Fools, the dead shall lie where I powned them!!"

Youtube Channel
My Tumblr
My Facebook
My Twitter
My Blog

Offline Fiver

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Fiver
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 02:20:02 AM »
Hey Dandelion, welcome to the forums. :) Have a great time, hope you hang around!
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."- Brian O'Driscoll.
I might not always post, but trust me- I'm often online.

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Embemxrabbit
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »
Hey there Dandelion! It seems as if the whole Watership Down crew is coming to join us! Well, what an awesome board this is. I hope you contribute to our discussions and stories! bye for now :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:36:47 AM by Embemxrabbit »
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry
Warrens of Watership Down

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hello.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »
Welcome Dandelion! :)  If you get a chance, you should watch the movie.  It follows the story closer than the tv series did.