Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1314 times)

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by clgpic
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Hello All
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:05:19 AM »
Hello.  This site was recommended to me.  And stuff.  So.  I'm a little nervous being here but I thought I might as well introduce myself.

Most people call me Pancake... I'm an artist, writer, and animator.

I've been interested in Watership Down for several years.  The movie is what brought me into it.  Watched it several times, then read the book.  I really dislike the TV series but if you like it I don't mind.  But I love the book especially.  Though I love the movie too.  

I have several favorite characters, I would have to say that they would have to be Hyzenthlay, Bigwig, and Fiver.  I do have a few Watership Down characters in the making, in which I'm hoping I can find a good place to roleplay them actively... Besides that, the only other sort of activity related to WSD is rping at Nepenthes, and I did have plans to animate the storyline... Possibly...

My other interests include Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, meerkat roleplay... Eh... I have others I just can't think right now.

Honestly I'm not much of a person for conversations (I'm autistic so my social skills are less developed than some people, especially around a forum on which I know nobody) so you might not see me around here much, at least at first, but I'll try to be active as I can be.

~Pancake

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Pancake. Enjoy the Forum! :)

If you're looking for a place to roleplay, then "Story Tails" board is where you find it. You can create a new RP or join one of the existing RPs.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »
I do prefer something a bit more specific, but for the time being, it should work... Do I just jump in then...?

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:16:37 PM »
Ok, I've figured a bit out.  I have some characters in the works.  Could you tell me which topics are open?

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello All
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
In theory "Search for a cure" is open, but one key roleplayer hasn't been active since december. I suspect that school and other real life stuff is keeping him busy. You could join "Founders of the new warren" though. :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:48:36 PM »
I'll go for the second.  I actually have two characters ready to use, so I'll go post them.  X3 Just got them up on my dA account~

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
Alright, managed to get it up.  Thanks so much for the help! ^.^

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Hello All
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
Don't mention it. Helping any newcomer helps to increase activity on this forum, which is the thing all of us want. :)

I see you put much thought into descriptions of your characters (certainly more than I ever did :D). Well done.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »
Thank you very much! ^^ I'll finish reading the topic then I'll post with them~

Offline Dandelion

• Storyteller
  • Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Dandelion
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 04:22:05 AM »
Welcome, Pancake. I feel I should say something more, but I'll leave it at that.
'If we ever meet again, Hazel-rah, we'll have the makings of the best story ever.' ~Dandelion

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
Go ahead if you want.  xD

Feeling a lot less nervous now.  Nice to meet you all.  :]

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Embemxrabbit
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »
Hey PancakeShiners!

I know how that feels! Felt exactly the same when I joined but honestly everyone here is very helpful and there's a pile of stuff you van do to settle. Anyway, you seem like a really good artist and writer :D so i hope you have fun here and post for a long time
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry
Warrens of Watership Down

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hello All
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
Welcome to the board, Pancake. :)  Seems like you've already figured out how to manage a couple of things here.

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • View Profile
Hello All
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
Yeah, I figure things out quickly.  Forums are not something I'm new to, and I like reading around first anyways.  But you guys have helped alot just by welcoming me!

I'll probably be sticking around here for a while, you won't get rid of me in a hurry.  ;3

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hello All
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »
I don't see why we would want to do that. :p