Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Nildro-Hain the Ninja Doe!  (Read 448 times)

Offline Indi-Rah

• Silver
    • Show only replies by Indi-Rah
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Nildro-Hain the Ninja Doe!
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
Nope, not Strawberry's mate.

But... I don't know who her mate is! Nildro-hain is the name of a supposedly-black Neatherland Dwarf doe I own. She is one of several. And like the others, I try to breed her. I want to know what's causing those white feet on her, and I have no pedigree.

Problem is, Nildro-Hain's always been finicky. I have NEVER gotten a litter out of her! I recently tried to breed her and she didn't take.

But I went out there today, and I wanted to see if she had gone into heat. I turned her over... And she looked terribly pot-bellied for a doe who is healthy and regularly makes one-third of a cup last at least three days. So I had my dad come out to palpate her, just to be sure.

... He found one baby in her belly. But that was BAFFLING. She didn't take! It's really easy to tell when a doe takes, and Nildro-hain didn't.

So, I've come to the ONLY logical conclusion.

Nildro-Hain must be a Ninja.
"My chief rabbit told me to defend this run... And until he says otherwise, that's what I'll do."

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Nildro-Hain the Ninja Doe!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »
She just did it when you weren't watching. ;)