Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 960 times)

Offline Goannarah

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Goannarah
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
Hey everyone 8'D
I found this forum by a link on another I frequent (happyfeetfans- another of my favourite animal... stories/movies) and thought "whooaaaa man!" It's been a few years since I last read Watership Down, but it was always my favourite childhood book. I'd reread it every year and always find something new in it. I really should read it again!
I've only seen the movie... twice, I think. The second time was fairly recent... twas a good movie aside from the blood (made it a bit awkward watching it with my younger brother). I did find the tv series in my video shop, but wasn't a fan of the style they'd drawn the characters in so I didn't rent it.

I love the language Adams made up for the rabbits, that was always one of the part of the book that really set it apart from any other novel I'd read. I really really love the little stories within the story as well.

Hmhmhm well hello anyway!
I go by Goanna on most sites... feel free to call me that or whatever really. I've had Goo sometimes LOL. Uhh yep yep. I'm in my last year of high school andddd like to roleplay and draw animals! Hooray! *Not sure what else to post, grins sheepishly*

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Goanna. I hope you'll have a good time here. :)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hello!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Welcome to the warren Goanna. :wave  Check around and see what else you'd like to talk about or start some of your own discussions.

Offline Clover

• Blackberry
    • Show only replies by Clover
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum. :) I guess posting the link there worked. :D

Offline Goannarah

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »
Thanks everyone 8'D Nice to meet you all!

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Hello!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
Good to have you back.  Why not post around a bit? :)

Offline Bluebell

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by Bluebell
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 05:51:15 AM »
Hello Goanna. I better get around to watching the movie. I've only just read the book. My wife says the movie is good so I guess there's no excuses.

I suppose alot of you read the book when you were young. I read it a year ago for the 1st time. I loved it.

Offline Goannarah

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Heheh I will try! I've been horrendously busy with schoolwork lately and haven't had much time for the internet, sorry guys!

Yeah Bluebell, it's a fantastic book. The movie hmm.. I do quite like the animation, but I still prefer the book hands down.