Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Untaken Way - Out of character discussion  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Silverweed

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Silverweed
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
Untaken Way - Out of character discussion
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »
Ok so thought i'd start a out of character topic first, before we start the role play. Then start a new topic for the actual role play. We can discuss out of character idea's here even after we start.

So to update:

Some of us were discussing starting a role play based on the TV series, but starting before they introduced "The magic" so we can sort of write our own ending.

We plan to split the characters up between us. Player is to pick one or two characters that they want to commit to permantly. (should it be one or two?) then will split the remaining characters between us as temporary until more players come along to claim them.

Proceedure for picking the characters: I'll make a list We each choose from the list in order until all the characters are gone. Aviod picking two that are closely related or interacdt with each other a lot. Example. Hazel and Fiver are often interacting with each other so if you choose one try not to choose the other or you will find yourself roleplaying a lot with yourself which would be boring.

Pairings I can think of like this are any of the couples (Blackberry + Campion, Hazel and Primrose, Bigwig and Spartina, Hawkbit and Clover, Moss and Heather etc) Woundwort and Vervain, Cowslip and Silverweed though I suppose not so much now that he's left that warren, Dandelion and Hawkbit who hang out a lot, Kehaar and Hannah,

If you can think of any others post them.

If two people really want the same character for their permanent one we could have a writing competition that the others judge. We could write a short piece includig that character and have a vote which was the best. Could even be a silent ballet via PM if you'd prefer.

Character list

Hazel
Fiver
Bigwig
Dandelion
Hawkbit
Strawberry
Campion
Blackberry
Primrose
Clover
Pipkin
Holly
Cowslip
Silverweed
Woundwort
Vervain
Moss
Granite (if we need him)
Spartina
Blackavar
Kehaar
Hannah
Bark
Screee
Farm cat
Farm dog (if we want to include them)
Black Rabbit of Inle (if we need him)

don't think we need El-ahrairah and rabscattle because they really only come into stories which Dandelion or the other would tell.

Do we need the book characters not in the above list? do we want to bring them into the tale or would that make it too complicated?

So to start the ball rolling, I woudn't mind taking on Bigwig if no one objects.

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Speedwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
If we've begun, I would absolutely love to play Hawkbit, but I'm sure that everyone else will be scrambling for him as well. Either way, I'll throw my name in here for that.

What exact moment ought we begin our story at? After the fall of Redstone, perhaps? Or once everyone is ought of Darkhaven so that we don't have a divided group?

Offline Silverweed

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
I'm happy with any time before the magic comes into it. Could even go from the end of season2, though a lot of fun things happen in season three. I'll have a look through and post some links to episodes and we can decide which one from there. Or if you have a suggestion that would be great too. It probably will start with a divided group of Campion and Blackberry and maybe even Spartina in darkhaven at first. Not a lot we can do about that except RP the two locations until they get back together.

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Embemxrabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
You're very organized and it sounds like a brilliant plan to me! If no one else objects I'd like to role play Campion. I agree that one or two would be sufficent, unless we don't have enough writers which in that case we'll have to take on more understandably.
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry
Warrens of Watership Down

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
I think I'll take Dandelion and Vervain, if everbody is fine with it that is.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:26:28 AM »
So as it seems:

Hazel
Fiver
Bigwig
Dandelion
Hawkbit

Strawberry
Campion
Blackberry
Primrose
Clover
Pipkin
Holly
Cowslip
Silverweed
Woundwort
Vervain
Moss
Granite
Spartina
Blackavar
Kehaar
Hannah
Bark
Screee
Farm cat
Farm dog

Are these the only 4 people who have committed to the idea? We're bound to pick up a few more members at some point. Perhaps we can dub some characters as "universal" and they can take them up when they'd like? Just an idea. :3
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:26:59 AM by Speedwell »

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
Yup, the universal idea is very clever Speedwell!
'I'd go with the Black Rabbit if it meant freedom and peace for all of us,' - Blackberry

Offline clgpic

• Pipkin
    • Show only replies by clgpic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to join in on this.  Great idea though!

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 02:49:10 AM »
I will not be able to participate, as much as I want to.  Its a crafty idea.  If we did this ten years ago, I'd be in. :D

Offline Silverweed

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 01:35:42 AM »
Universal characters might work if we each want to take on two to play and the rest we just write in where ever. i'd take on Silverweed since he's my screen name and i do really like him but thinking we will need someone to take on Hazel and Fiver so maybe i should take on Fiver instead?

Offline Speedwell

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 05:31:52 AM »
If you want Silverweed, I'd be glad to take Fiver OR Hazel. Whoever is in lesser demand so that everyone can be happy. ;D

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 12:13:45 PM »
Someone should also take Woundwort, since he is the main vilain. ;)
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Silverweed

• Hlessi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
Ok Speedwell I'm happy to temporarily take on Fiver until we get someone else who wants him, if you take on Hazel

yes Myrkin we need a Woundwort. Any volunteers? the rest can stay community property until we get more interested players.

We also need to determine which episode we will start from. I'll have a quick scan through but open to suggestions.

Offline Embemxrabbit

• Dandelion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »
I would take on Woundwort, but I'm stretching time limits as it is, sorry :( How about we start from season three? Or if we want to skip the ' last battle' we could start from 'the new world' ?

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
If we choose "the New World", then Woundwort will already have a motivation to embrace his "legacy" of destruction and he can begin his journey towards Dark Haven.