Visitors - Bless my Tail! Welcome to Fiver's Honeycomb!

This place is dedicated to Watership Down and its fans worldwide.

Here you can discuss all WD-related media, including both books, the movie and both TV series.

What? You are not registered yet?

Author Topic: Was this in the book?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Kirinafa

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Kirinafa
    • View Profile
Was this in the book?
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
Hello there,

A few days ago i was in the middle of reading the first book. For some reason i went and read a bit from the second one. Now, after finishing the first book and started on the second one again.. i am extremely confused! I swear, i remember a part in the second one where a older rabbit is by two younger bucks. I remember they were talking about older adventures from the past, but the older rabbit stepped in and started talking about how they came to be at Watership Down, but they just shrugged him off and had no idea the struggles they did to get there. He then asked them if they knew where another older rabbit was. I think then the younger bucks went to get the other rabbit.

Am i completely crazy? Is this in any of the books?

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: N/A
  • I speak:
Was this in the book?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
I didn't read second book, so I won't be any of help. You'll have to wait for others, who did, like Hawkbit, Owsla-rah or Campion1.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Owsla-rah

• Dandelion
    • Show only replies by Owsla-rah
    • View Profile
Was this in the book?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
I think that you may be referring to the end of chapter 31 from the first book "The story of El-ahrairah and the Black Rabbit of Inle".
"The world is as bitter as the coffee I drink this Morning."-Donald E. Waters

Offline Myrkin

• Council of Chiefs
  • Hyzenthlay
    • Show only replies by Myrkin
    • View Profile
  • I speak:
Was this in the book?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:17 PM »
Hmm... Yes. It does sound a bit like the end of that story, but some details don't fit it.
"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And the train driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

Offline Kirinafa

• Hlessi
    • Show only replies by Kirinafa
    • View Profile
Was this in the book?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 05:22:34 AM »
Quote from: Owsla-rah on Nov 28 2011, 11:46:47 AM
I think that you may be referring to the end of chapter 31 from the first book "The story of El-ahrairah and the Black Rabbit of Inle".
Yes, that was it! I went back to reread it, and i did say some stuff that wasn't in there. Must have mixed in with other chapters  :crazy

Thank you!

Offline Hawkbit

• Awww frith!
  • Chiefs enjoying retirement
  • Fiver
    • Show only replies by Hawkbit
    • View Profile
  • Favorite WD media: The book
Was this in the book?
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
With your question answered, do you plan to stick around longer? :)  We'd be glad to have you. :wave